- Mandemakers, J.J., and A. Knigge. Returns to birth weight in an egalitarian setting. Can parents mitigate negative effects of low birth weight? Paper presented at the BGA2017, Oslo
- Bras, H., and J.J. Mandemakers. Women’s empowerment, sibling position and child nutritional status in Ethiopia. Paper presented at the LCIRAH Conference on Agri-Health Research, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, June 24, 2016.
- Walhout, E., J.J. Mandemakers, and F. van Poppel. Region or Rome? The role of religion and contextual factors in infant mortality in the Netherlands during the epidemiological transition.
- Walhout, E., and J.J. Mandemakers. Infant mortality in the city of Roosendaal (the Netherlands), 1865-1908. Paper presented at European Population Conference 2012. link
- Mandemakers, J.J., M. Mills, N. Barban, and H. Snieder. Do Genetic Markers for Infertility Problems Predict Childlessness and Completed Fertility? Paper presented at Population Association of America Annual Meeting 2014. link
- Barban, N., M. Mills, J.J. Mandemakers, and H. Snieder. Using Genetic Markers as Instrumental Variables to Unravel the Link between Education and Fertility. Paper presented at Population Association of America Annual Meeting 2014. link
- Mandemakers, J.J. Investigating additive genetic, maternal, and paternal (co-) variation in fertility and educational level in the Netherlands. An application of the ‘animal model’. Paper presented at the 27th International Population Conference 2013 (IUSSP). link
- Mills M.C., Barban N., Mandemakers J.J. and H. Snieder. Unravelling gene environment interaction and fertility. Paper presented at European Population Conference 2012. link